With 10 years experience in the jewellery trade, Charles Alexander offers designed and hand crafted pieces in the heart of North Yorkshire. Situated in Nun Monkton, on the outskirts of York. We are a small jewellery business who can create, remodel and repair any piece of jewellery
The Bespoke Process
At Charles Alexander we aim to deliver high quality craftsmanship throughout our business. Whether you want to remodel old jewellery or create a brand new, personalised bespoke piece, we will guide you throughout. The bespoke process begins with you discussing your design, budget and style preferences with us. We start with a free consultation to develop your ideas. You can send us your design ideas and inspiration beforehand, via email, so we have an idea on the avenue you wish to take. Within this free consultation we will discuss the following details:
- Occasion: We can help create or remodel for any special occasion.
- Style: Are you more contemporary or traditional? Show us which styles you are more attracted too.
- Metal: Silver, Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Platinum.
- Stone: We source high quality gemstones of any type. From the traditional Sapphires, Rubies and Diamonds to your unique Opals, Tanzanite’s and Pearls.
- Durability: We will advise on the correct metals and gemstones for your objectives.
- Budget: We will work hard to make sure we source the highest quality gemstones, metal and craftsmanship within your budget.
From your ideas we sketch and re-sketch until you are happy with a final design. We work closely with you throughout the whole process to make sure that your bespoke piece is exactly how you imagined it would be. Once you are happy with your design, we begin the creating. For bespoke rings we will arrange meetings throughout to show you the process, this allows you to try on and ensures you are totally happy at all stages.
With our own fully equipped workshop there is no need for us to send your jewellery away. All design and repair work is carried out in house. The only exception would be if specialist craftsmanship is required, such as hand engraving or hallmarking, but this will be discussed with you.